July 13, 2011

Things...

Hey everyone!  Summer is in full-swing and seems to be flying by at record breaking speeds!  Even with all of the fun activities that this hot season holds I have somehow managed to do one of my most favorite things....read!  I absolutely LOVE a summer read!  In fact, I have been putting off reading The Help because I had it in my mind as a "beach read"!  Don't fret friends...my feet will be in the sand this weekend which means that The Help is up next! 
I just finished The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd!  I started it a couple of years ago and wanted to reread it!  I have always been a sucker for Southern novels and this one did not disappoint!
I am now reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp!  And all I can really say about this book is WOW!  It is truly a life-changer!  It has been on my list for a while so when it was chosen for our book club I was thrilled!  This book is pretty deep and is taking me a bit longer to read but it has proven to be way worth it!  I have only read through chapter 3 so far but from what I can tell it is going to change the way I look at life, joy, and thanksgiving!  Read it!
Thanks is what multiplies the joy and makes any life large, and I hunger for it.
-Ann Voskamp
And honestly, who doesn't hunger for a bigger life?  So, as we approach the middle of the week I am charged to worry a little less about all of the things going on in my life and take some time to give thanks!
Happy Wednesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment