February 9, 2011

It's Hump Day!

Happy Wednesday Blog Friends!  It's Hump Day!  One of the many funny moments I have from teaching has to do with this particular statement.  Every day in my classroom we would have circle time which always included doing the calendar and reading a book.  Well, one Wednesday as we were discussing the day of the week I mentioned that it was Hump Day.  Most of the kids just accepted the nickname, having no clue what it meant at all.  But one little guy who just so happened to have older brothers looked at me and started laughing.  He then raised his hand and said "Mrs. Stepp, that's a really funny name for a day!"  I was hoping we'd leave it at that so I moved on only to hear him blurt out "So does that mean that people can only hump on Wednesdays?"  Yep...gotta love those kiddos! 
Happy Hump Day Wednesday everyone!  :)

1 comment: