February 6, 2011

Super Bowl...

Yes, the Super Bowl was tonight!  And...if I am being perfectly honest I really didn't care much about the game!  I mean, if I am being really honest, I spent half of the week feeling sorry for myself because we didn't have Super Bowl plans this year!  A very sad and embarrassing confession, I know!  But, it is true and here I was approaching Sunday, not so much looking forward to the game at all!  That's when church happened!  It happens every Sunday but this week was different.  And I mean to tell you, did the Lord ever want to speak to me!  During this series at church we are diving into the question "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  It's a question that I am sure most if not all of us have asked at some time or another.  Well today, we had the chance to watch Mandy's story and Zac's story. (Grab a tissue before you watch!)
I am sure you are asking yourself, what in the world does that have to do with the Super Bowl?  Here's how: As the pregame started I sat and watched Wells run around the den chasing Lucy, I glanced over at my adorably precious husband and thought..."Alright Coach, I get it!  It's time to get off of the bench and get in the game!  Every play counts and we're playing to win!  You never said the game would be easy.  You never said the game would be without pain, struggles, sweat, or tears.  I love the way you jump in during the final minutes of the 4th quarter with your grace, comfort, and wisdom!  And I realize, You are so right!  I've got everything I need right here in this very room!  It's time to run each play and live it to the fullest!  Thank you, Jesus!  My "bowl" runneth over!"

No comments:

Post a Comment