December 31, 2010

Leader!

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 
Ephesians 5:22-23

I have never known the full meaning of the above verses until recently!  Graham came to me this year and told me that he felt called to leave his Landscaping company behind to pursue other opportunities.  And though the initial thought scared me to death I felt a strong peace.  You see, God is never surprised.  He is not surprised at the fact that I am now a stay-at-home mom.  He actually planned that!
We had begun a book in our homegroup by John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life and in that book I had read this quote: (spoken by John Piper's wife to John) "If that's where God leads you, that's where I'll go."  So, we prayed, and waited, and prayed, and waited, and waited, and our waiting became disobedience, and we began to question, and our questions led us to a place of...well, not a very good place.  Needless to say we arrived at a very pivotal point of WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!  It was time to move!  I looked at Graham, who was looking up at Him, and I said..."What next?"  I am so thankful to have a husband who isn't afraid to LEAD!  Thanks for leading us Graham!  We are pulling for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment