December 7, 2010

My New Career

Like I mentioned in an earlier post (I mean, it was just yesterday but earlier post sounds so official!) I am now a stay-at-home mom.  I taught first grade for 5 years and had Wells in September of the 5th year.  After Wells was born, and after returning to work I began doing some major soul-searching, praying, and asking and truly felt like the Lord was leading me to stay at home with Wells.  Graham and I made the decision to do that in March of this year and we were just ecstatic!  I mean, I was thrilled!  Since I was a little girl I always dreamed of being a stay-at-home mom.  I thought it was going to be the most amazing thing ever!  In my mind staying home meant no personal schedules, drinking coffee out of really fun cups as I journaled (note: I don't even drink coffee!), shopping, having lunch with friends aka "playdates", and sporting the latest fashions all while driving my super sporty SUV in the carpool line.  Sounds great, doesn't it!  Well, needless to say, it hasn't quite turned out just like that.  Instead, my life looks a little more like this: no personal schedule because my day revolves totally around Wells!  We eat when he's hungry and leave the house when he's rested, which is in a relatively small time frame.  I still don't drink coffee and I sure as heck don't journal.  I grab a quick diet coke as he has breakfast and try and have some semblance of a quiet time during his morning nap.  I don't shop unless at Target or T.J.Maxx because well, Wells doesn't really enjoy shopping and because I don't have an income anymore!  I do have lunch with friends but it usually turns into the Great American Scream Fest between Wells and the other children...code for no adult conversation.  And while I do happen to like my older SUV I do not however feel as if I sport the latest fashions and get real, Wells is 14 months...what carpool line am I in?
But, the irony is even with the vast difference in my fantasy and reality I would not change one minute of it!  Raising this child is making such an impact on my life!  And I am falling in love with this new career!


 




2 comments:

  1. love reading about your new job, hardest but greatest job ever-hands down! loved our great american scream fest today! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it! Your posts leave me craving for more... update soon :) Love you kiddo!

    ReplyDelete